Replace Your Window with Door – The Benefits
Many homes have balcony, deck or patio spaces; at times, the external walls that are connected to these features have window installations. While these windows do have a certain amount of functionality, many people want to be able to access the outdoor areas more freely. And the one way to do that is to opt for a replace window with door solution.
There are a number of benefits to opting to do so:
- When you choose to replace window with door, that opens up the interior spaces in a significant manner
- It provides quicker access to the outdoor spaces
- It immediately expands the indoor living areas
- Creates a very expansive look in your home
- Brings in a significant amount of natural light which adds to the open and expansive look
- Gives you a largely unhindered view of your yard, or the view outside
As you can see, there are a number of benefits to choosing to get windows replaced with doors. However, this is quite a complex job and we at Atlas Windows and Doors are the experts that can help you with the kind of solutions you need. We discuss all the details with you and understand exactly what your vision for that space is. We focus on providing solutions that will add to the aesthetics and functionality of the place.
The work process
Our experts provide you all the details you need about the installation, the materials to be used, the timeframe required for the job and what the cost will be. Once you approve the quote, we will ensure that the job gets done in the best possible way. We are very meticulous in our approach to our work and ensure that we exceed customer satisfaction on all counts.
How to Replace a Window
When you decide to get your old wooden windows replaced with new, energy-efficient vinyl ones, you take a lot of care to ensure that you choose the right company for the job. We at Atlas Windows and Doors understand that this represents a significant investment for you; it’s why we invest a considerable amount of time and money in training our installers on a consistent basis.
How to replace a window
Window replacement is a very specialized job that requires training, expertise and experience and we have all these. Take a look at the process we follow how to replace a window:
- The new windows will be staged in the appropriate spaces
- The older installations will be removed (only the frame will be retained)
- Waterproof Tremco TremGlaze silicone will then be applied to the outside as well as around the flange of the retro-fit window
- The new window will be slid into place
- The new window will be affixed into position with galvanized screws
- That will then be finished off with one more TremGlaze waterproof silicone seal application around the window flange wall edges
- Once the new windows have all been installed TremGlaze foam insulation will be applied all around the inside gaps and between the new windows, the old frame as well as the interior walls/sills; this adds to the insulation factor
- Interior flat vinyl finishing trim will be installed to close all the gaps as well as the silicone around the edges- this creates a very clean and finished look
- The windows and the window frames will then be cleaned on the inside and outside
How to Choose the Right Window Suppliers
If you are considering getting the windows in your home replaced, you are sure to conduct a certain amount of research. After all, you want to make sure that the window suppliers you choose would be able to provide you the kind of solutions you need. Here are some pointers on how to choose the right window suppliers:
Experience – Look for a company that has been operating in the industry for a number of years. When it comes to window installations, experience matters a great deal. A company that has been working in the space for a certain period of time will have also handled a large number of projects and will be able to provide you the kind of solutions you need.
- Reputation – While experience is important, check on the window suppliers’ reputation in the market and check reviews and customer testimonials on social networking sites.
- Licensed and Insured – The company you hire for the job should be insured and licensed. A credible company will always have the necessary certification required to handle window installation jobs.
- Cost-effective services – While its very important to have windows that are made of high quality materials, its equally important to ensure that the company is able to provide fair pricing for their products.
- Eco-friendly products – Today, this is also a very important factor and you should look for a company that will enhance the local communities and provide products that will also lower the carbon footprint of its clients.
When you opt for our solutions, you are assured that you have a reputed, experienced, licensed and insured company that will cater to your specific requirements. We use high grade, energy-efficient and eco-friendly products and maintain very competitive pricing and a lifetime warranty on services.
What is Involved in the Window Installation Process?
Window installation is quite a specialized job and if you are planning to get any new windows installed or older ones replaced, it’s crucial to choose the company with care. They installers should be experienced and have the expertise to handle the job quickly and efficiently. We at Atlas Windows and Doors are a highly experienced company that caters to customers across Southern California.
Window Installation Process
The window installation process we follow is very detailed and meticulous; take a look at what’s involved in it:
- Our experts will meet you right at your home; they will carry a window sample that’s fully functional
- They will then take you through all the features of our window installations
- We survey all the windows you want replaced and take accurate measurements of all of them
- You will then be provided with a very detailed proposal of the cost of the new windows
- The amount we quote is the one you eventually pay and there are no change orders
- To this end we take all the information and details right at the start; this ensures there are no ugly surprises at the end
- Once you accept the proposal we have given you, we then place your order in the system and custom manufacture the new windows for you, in under a week or two
- Once they are ready, we then contact you and schedule an installation
You will find that the entire process is extremely smooth and meticulously planned. This ensures the job is done with the least amount of hindrance to the day to day activities in your home. Our installers are highly skilled and experienced. They also undergo regular upgrade training and this ensures their skills are up to date.
We handle installation of all types of windows and doors and provide solutions that are customized to match the requirements of our clients. For a free estimate, or information on our windows service, you can call Atlas Windows and Doors at this number – 949-891-1350. Alternatively, you can also submit this form to request a quote.