Double Hung Windows
The first thing you’ll love about having double-hung windows installed in your home is the fact that they can be opened either from the top or the bottom sash. This will make it very easy to promote air circulation in your home, and it will also make cleaning time a breeze because you can access all window surfaces from the interior.
On top of the fact that they are functionally very advantageous, double-hung windows are also beautiful from both inside and outside. That makes them one of the best choices you could possibly make when you’re looking to install all-new replacement windows, or if you’re having an entirely new home constructed.
Why choose double-hung windows?
Anyone who has ever had double-hung windows installed in their home will understand why it’s a great idea to choose them over other types of windows. Most double-hung windows have insulated frames which are nearly twice as effective as other window systems. Double-hung windows routinely derive great performance because of the argon or krypton gas-filled IGU’s, as well as the Low-E glass.
There is greatly reduced conductivity and heat transfer because of the efficient design and construction of double-hung windows. Homemakers will enjoy the fact that the windows are so easy to clean, since both top and bottom sashes tilt inward, making it unnecessary to access them from the exterior. In addition, the special formula uPVC material never requires painting, and it’s also very good at preventing dents and scratches.
The integrated lift-rail makes it very easy to open and close your double-hung windows, so it won’t take any effort on your part at all. On top of all the other benefits, the soft white vinyl frames and sashes of your double-hung windows make for a very smooth and clean surface which helps keep your windows looking beautiful for many years.
Features and benefits of double-hung windows
For those who are unfamiliar with some of the advantages provided by double-hung windows, here are some of the features and benefits you can expect:
- Excellent security – window locks are recessed and pick-resistant, which means it will be very difficult for intruders to gain entry.
- Elegance – a definite elegance factor can be included in your double-hung windows by using coved interior glazing bead.
- Energy efficiency – the polyurethane frame insulation in your double-hung windows will offer additional comfort, and the highest level of energy efficiency available.
- High performance – you can expect years of no-hassle high-performance from your double-hung windows, with heavy duty aluminum corner reinforcements and a screen frame made of extruded aluminum.
- Superior window design – the design of double-hung windows offers noteworthy curb appeal to your home, while also providing maximum viewing area through the glass.
- Protection from weather – triple weatherstripping seals make your windows weathertight and virtually impervious to the impact of weather elements.
- Low maintenance – given that the frames are made of aluminum, virtually no maintenance is necessary, and the windows themselves are easy to operate, with contoured lift-rails and a block-and-tackle balance system.
Standard Features Include:
Four Stainless Steel Rollers per operating slider panel and our proprietary Satin Glide Track System result in smooth and easy operation on all of our slider windows.
Dynamic Structural Rigidity System enhances frame stability and rigidity of our windows – the inside construction of our extrusions is thicker compared to other brands resulting in more overall rigidity especially in larger windows.
High-Performance LoĒ³-366® Dual Glaze Glass
The newest generation of high-performance glazing utilizes LoĒ³-366® to create energy-efficient and Energy Star compliant windows and patio doors fit for every home in every climate. Always offering the most cutting edge, technologically advanced windows and doors available.
Our dual glazing system exceeds requirements by over 40%, controls heat and sunlight during the summer and provides insulation in the winter for year-round comfort and energy efficiency.
The Energy Performance Ratings of our Dual Glazed LoĒ³-366® glass are some of the best in the industry. These ratings are what tell the tale of how energy efficient your new windows are. For more information on how glass performance is rated visit the NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council).
Our NFRC Ratings – Simply the best!
- U- Factor = 0.28
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient = 0.23
- Visual Transmittance = 0.53
SOUNDMASTER Glass – Noise Dampening Technology
A Premium feature that comes standard on all of our windows.
Reduce exterior noise by 70% and make your home a place where you can escape the hectic and noisy environment around you. Our windows are manufactured with a 3/16” and an 1/8” panes of glass. Other companies only use x2 – 1/8” panes of glass. When varying the thickness of glass it disrupts sound waves resulting in more sound proofing compared to other dual pane windows.