Casement windows are some of the most customized windows available today, simply because there are so many options which you might want to incorporate into your own personal type of casement window. All casement windows provide a fresh and very open view from your home, along with a good measure of elegance and charm to boot.
With continuous dual weatherstripping all around the perimeter of the window, you can always count on minimal air leakage, as well as maximum comfort for the interior of your home. Whatever kind of style or versatility you might have in mind for your casement window, chances are you’ll be able to have it designed and constructed just that way, so your vision can become a reality.
Why choose casement windows?
Many people choose casement windows for the unique look which they provide to any home where they’ve been installed. They can also be sealed on all four sides of the window, which creates a more comprehensive seal than an ordinary single-hung or double-hung window. Many homeowners have actually experienced a reduction in their utility bills after installing casement windows as a replacement for other windows.
Some people like the fact that casement windows open outward rather than upward, and that makes them much easier to open when they’re set in a fairly high position on the wall. Other homeowners prefer casement windows simply because they provide a unique look, and break up the total viewing area of a window into several different zones, each of which has its own discrete viewing area. In terms of their design, this makes casement windows one of the more recognizable and appealing types of window systems which you might want to install your home.
Features and benefits of casement windows
Many people aren’t quite sure what casement windows are, or what kind of advantages they provide for the home. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the features and benefits which will accrue to you, should you have them installed in your home:
- Low profile – the low profile and the screen clip which is ergonomically designed, make it very easy to remove the screen when that becomes necessary.
- Optimal design – casement windows are typically designed for a contoured external surface and a stepped internal surface, which tend to maximize their appearance, while also minimizing the visibility of the sash and frame.
- Easy cleaning – the exterior of a casement window can easily be cleaned from inside the home, because of the full-flip nesting hardware, which allows the window to open up at a 90° angle.
- Excellent insulation – high-quality polyurethane window frame insulation allows for maximum comfort on the interior while also providing the highest energy efficiency possible.
- Large viewing area – since the screen is recessed to provide a wider view of the exterior, you can see much more of the outdoor area.
- Protection from weather – dual weatherstripping makes the casement window virtually impervious to weather elements, and seals tightly against any kind of air leakage.
- Extra security – heavy duty metal keepers as well as a recessed multi-point locking system, provide a higher level of security than most other window systems, which means you can have greater peace of mind.
Standard Features Include:
Four Stainless Steel Rollers per operating slider panel and our proprietary Satin Glide Track System result in smooth and easy operation on all of our slider windows.
Dynamic Structural Rigidity System enhances frame stability and rigidity of our windows – the inside construction of our extrusions is thicker compared to other brands resulting in more overall rigidity especially in larger windows.
High-Performance LoĒ³-366® Dual Glaze Glass
The newest generation of high-performance glazing utilizes LoĒ³-366® to create energy-efficient and Energy Star compliant windows and patio doors fit for every home in every climate. Always offering the most cutting edge, technologically advanced windows and doors available.
Our dual glazing system exceeds requirements by over 40%, controls heat and sunlight during the summer and provides insulation in the winter for year-round comfort and energy efficiency.
The Energy Performance Ratings of our Dual Glazed LoĒ³-366® glass are some of the best in the industry. These ratings are what tell the tale of how energy efficient your new windows are. For more information on how glass performance is rated visit the NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council).
Our NFRC Ratings – Simply the best!
- U- Factor = 0.28
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient = 0.23
- Visual Transmittance = 0.53
SOUNDMASTER Glass – Noise Dampening Technology
A Premium feature that comes standard on all of our windows.
Reduce exterior noise by 70% and make your home a place where you can escape the hectic and noisy environment around you. Our windows are manufactured with a 3/16” and an 1/8” panes of glass. Other companies only use x2 – 1/8” panes of glass. When varying the thickness of glass it disrupts sound waves resulting in more sound proofing compared to other dual pane windows.
Super Seal- Argon Infused
Take energy efficiency to yet another level by including the optional argon gas between the window panes. Reduce heat loss and improve energy efficiency even more.