Single Hung Windows
Single hung windows have long been a mainstay of home construction, because they feature an upper sash which is constructed directly into the window frame and remains stationary, while the lower sash is entirely movable. Given the fact that there is a single moving sash, air infiltration is greatly reduced, and this helps your home to have a comfortable internal temperature which is easily maintained.
It also provides for great security, because there are so few potential points of entry and so few points of possible failure on the locking system incorporated into the window. If you want to install window air conditioners in your home, the single-hung window is perfect for that, and in fact, single-hung windows can be a great choice for virtually any style of home whatsoever.
Why choose single-hung windows?
Single-hung windows open vertically so that you can let fresh air in, while the stationary top sash improves resistance to weather elements as well as energy efficiency for your home. There’s a great deal of versatility in the design of single-hung windows, as well as a wide selection of colors, hardware, and even options for the glass itself. For instance, you may want to include single-hung windows which are styled with various geometric shapes, so as to provide intriguing curb appeal.
Another reason that many people have single-hung windows installed is for the ease of cleaning them, right from the interior of the home. Since the lower sash on single-hung windows tilts inward, it’s easy to wash the windows, and this can be especially important for second-story windows. Without this feature, you’d have to clean the exterior of the window using a ladder, and that would introduce an element of hazard. Single-hung windows also save a significant amount of space because they open inward, and unlike casement windows, they are a good choice for use in areas which adjoin walkways or patios.
Benefits of single-hung windows
There are a surprising number of benefits and features which come with single-hung windows, some of which you might be unaware of. Here are some of the most important advantages of using single-hung windows:
- Additional security – since the locks are recessed and pick-resistant, you will have greater security for your home, its occupants, and its valuables.
- Long-lasting performance – corners are reinforced with heavy duty aluminum, and the screen frame consists of extruded aluminum, all of which combine to provide many years of high performance without hassles.
- Elegance – there is a definite elegance factor associated with single-hung windows which you can acquire simply by adding coved interior glazing bead.
- Weather seal – double or triple weatherstripping can provide an airtight and watertight seal to give you the most advanced and efficient performance available today.
- Low maintenance – there is a minimal maintenance associated with single-hung windows, and they’re also very easy to operate, with a tilt-in sash feature, a dual pulley balance system based on the block-and-tackle principle, and contoured lift-rails, which make raising and lowering a breeze.
Standard Features Include:
Four Stainless Steel Rollers per operating slider panel and our proprietary Satin Glide Track System result in smooth and easy operation on all of our slider windows.
Dynamic Structural Rigidity System enhances frame stability and rigidity of our windows – the inside construction of our extrusions is thicker compared to other brands resulting in more overall rigidity especially in larger windows.
High-Performance LoĒ³-366® Dual Glaze Glass
The newest generation of high-performance glazing utilizes LoĒ³-366® to create energy-efficient and Energy Star compliant windows and patio doors fit for every home in every climate. Always offering the most cutting edge, technologically advanced windows and doors available.
Our dual glazing system exceeds requirements by over 40%, controls heat and sunlight during the summer and provides insulation in the winter for year-round comfort and energy efficiency.
The Energy Performance Ratings of our Dual Glazed LoĒ³-366® glass are some of the best in the industry. These ratings are what tell the tale of how energy efficient your new windows are. For more information on how glass performance is rated visit the NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council).
Our NFRC Ratings – Simply the best!
- U- Factor = 0.28
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient = 0.23
- Visual Transmittance = 0.53
SOUNDMASTER Glass – Noise Dampening Technology
A Premium feature that comes standard on all of our windows.
Reduce exterior noise by 70% and make your home a place where you can escape the hectic and noisy environment around you. Our windows are manufactured with a 3/16” and an 1/8” panes of glass. Other companies only use x2 – 1/8” panes of glass. When varying the thickness of glass it disrupts sound waves resulting in more sound proofing compared to other dual pane windows.